Are you worried on how to clean a Britax Stroller? As a parent of two young kids, I’ve put my Britax strollers through the wringer. With constant outdoor use and various spills and messes, I’ve become an expert at cleaning Britax strollers to keep them looking like new. Over the years I’ve tested all the best methods for thoroughly cleaning the fabric, frame, wheels and all other components.
How to Clean a Britax Stroller
- Spot clean messes immediately before they set in
- Detach all machine washable fabric pieces
- Use a damp cloth with mild soap for wiping down
- Disinfect frame and handlebars with sanitizing wipes
- Remove wheels and clean in shallow water
- Air dry fully before reassembling
Spot Cleaning Messes
Kids can create some epic stroller messes – spilled milk that curdles in the hot sun, leaky diapers, muddy shoes after a rainstorm, and sticky snackresidue. When stains happen, prompt spot cleaning is key before it has time to set in and spread.
At the first sign of a new spill or mess, spring into action right away. The longer it sits, the harder it will be to remove. Keep stain remover spray and wipes in your stroller bag so you can attack messes immediately.
Avoid rubbing or scrubbing aggressively at first. Gently blot the stain using a clean dry cloth or paper towels to lift away any excess liquid or solids. Scrape off stuck-on gunk carefully with a dull knife.
Spray and Wipe
Apply a stain remover spray formulated for your stroller’s fabric directly onto the stain. Let it soak for 1-2 minutes. The enzymes will help lift residue. Gently blot the spot with a clean damp cloth, working inwards from the edges.
Use a cloth, brush or spatula to remove any remaining debris. Wipe the area with clean water to rinse away all soap residue which can attract dirt over time.
Leave the spot to fully air dry before using the stroller again. The sun’s UV rays can also help further disinfect and remove any lingering odors.
>> Read more: How to fold a Britax Stroller
Deep Cleaning the Fabric
For a more thorough clean, the stroller fabric should be completely removed and machine washed. Refer to your model’s manual for detailed washing instructions.
Detach the Fabric Pieces
Depending on the model, the seat, canopy, basket and pad inserts can be detached using zippers, hooks, and snap connectors. Removing them fully enables a deeper clean.
Machine Wash Gentle Cycle
Always use the gentle cycle on your washing machine. Hot water can damage fabric or cause colors to bleed and fade. Mild detergent is safest for delicates.
Line Dry is Best
Avoid machine drying as high heat degrades fabric over time. Instead, line dry the components in the fresh air and sunlight. This also naturally disinfects.
Inspect and Repair
While detached, inspect the fabric pieces closely. Make any needed repairs like stitching loose straps or patching holes before reassembling.
>> Read more: How to remove a Britax Car Seat
Disinfecting the Frame and Components
Disinfectant wipes and spray make cleaning the plastic and metal frame, handlebar, buckles, and basket a breeze.
How to Clean a Britax Stroller: Scuff Marks
Use a damp cloth with mild soap or all-purpose spray to wipe down scuffs on the frame and basket. Avoid harsh chemicals.
Disinfect Hot Spots
Areas like handlebars, buckles, and harness straps are prime for germ buildup. Wipe down with disinfecting spray or wipes.
It’s crucial to rinse any soap residue thoroughly and not let it pool near folding joints, wheels or electronics.
Deep Cleaning the Wheels
Wheels take a beating outdoors and need special attention. Here is my method for making them look like new.
Remove from Frame
Refer to your manual for how to properly remove the wheels from the frame. This avoids getting the chassis wet during cleaning.
Scrub Spokes and Treads
Use an old toothbrush and mild soap solution to scrub the wheel spokes to remove built up grime. Clean tire treads with a stiff bristle hand brush.
Wheels have many crevices where soap can hide. Rinse very thoroughly with clean water until all residue is gone.
Air Dry and Reattach
Lay wheels on an absorbent towel and let air dry fully before reinstalling them on the frame.
>> Read more: How to open a Britax Stroller
How Do You Attach a Britax Car Seat to a Stroller?
To attach a Britax car seat to a Britax stroller:
1. Ensure the stroller is fully unfolded and the toddler seat is removed if applicable. Engage the brakes.
2. Position the car seat facing toward the stroller handle, then lower it down into the stroller frame.
3. The car seat should click audibly into place on both sides when properly attached. Tug up on the seat to confirm it’s locked.
4. Thread the restraint buckles through the slots in the car seat shell to keep them accessible during stroller use.
5. Double check that the car seat is securely installed and doesn’t wiggle before use. Refer to the manuals for full instructions.
6. To remove, typically press the release levers on the sides of the stroller frame while lifting up on the seat.
How Do I Put My Britax Clicktight Back Together?
If you’ve disassembled the parts of your Britax Clicktight car seat, follow these steps to reassemble:
1. Slide the seat shell back into the Clicktight frame and ensure it clicks into place securely on both sides.
2. Reattach the fabric seat cover panels, feeding the harness straps through the slots in the fabric.
3. Thread the harness straps through the back plate panel and re-clip into the splitter plate.
4. Pull the harness straps through the shoulder slots in the seat back.
5. Fasten the buckle back through the seat bottom slot, ensuring straps aren’t twisted.
6. Reconnect the tether, lower anchor straps, or vehicle seat belt as needed for installation.
Double check your model manual for any variations. Inspect regularly that all is assembled correctly.
>> Read more: How to close a Britax Stroller
If The Headrest is in An Awkward Position, How Can You Adjust It?
If the car seat headrest is angled too far forward or back for your child, you can adjust it:
– Locate the levers or knobs on the sides of the headrest that allow it to pivot.
– Squeeze the levers and rotate the headrest to angle it properly towards your child’s head.
– Release the levers once the desired angle is reached to lock it into position.
– You may need to re-thread the harness straps through the headrest slots after adjusting.
– For an over-reclined headrest, rotate it more upright until it sits flush to the seat back.
– Consult your car seat manual for proper headrest angle recommendations.
Proper headrest positioning improves safety and comfort. Always double check angles before travel.
How Do You Put a Baby in a Britax Millenia Car Seat?
1. Loosen harness straps fully and release the buckle. Open the chest clip.
2. Place baby into the seat with their back flat against the backrest.
3. Position the crotch buckle between their legs, not underneath them.
4. Pull the shoulder straps over each arm and shoulder.
5. Insert buckle tongues into the main buckle until they click. Tighten straps snugly.
6. Position the retainer clip at armpit level and close the chest clip over baby’s chest.
7. Adjust headrest and recline angle as needed. Consult your manual.
8. Attach lower anchors or seat belt securely. Never place baby in an unsecured seat.
Maintaining a Clean Ride
Regular cleaning and care will keep your Britax looking new for years of use across multiple children. Here are my top tips:
- Check after each trip and spot clean messes right away.
- Rinse any food or dirty build up after each use.
- Every few months do a deeper scrub with detachable machine washing.
- Disinfect high touch areas weekly.
- Store stroller folded indoors rather than a garage or patio.
- Use a stroller cover or organizer to prevent wear and stains.
With proper cleaning techniques on how to clean a Britax stroller. You will be able to provide safe, smooth and sanitary service for your baby’s adventures.